After Hours Support in Western Sydney
Domestic Violence After Hours Service (DVAHS)
There are two services in Western Sydney:
- Domestic Violence After Hours Service (DVAHS); and
- Refuge Outreach Action Response (ROAR)
Domestic Violence After-Hours Service (DVAHS)
Domestic Violence After-Hours Service (DVAHS) provides support to women and their children in Western Sydney who are experiencing or escaping Domestic and Family Violence.
DVAHS is funded to support women who live in the following Local Government Areas (see the full list of suburbs):
- The Hills
DVAHS is funded to prioritise work with:
- Women, with or without children, who are escaping domestic and family violence and who have been placed in temporary accommodation; and
- Women with accompanying children who are in need of temporary accommodation as a result of domestic and family violence.
DVAHS provides personalised short-term case management outside of business hours for women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness because of domestic and family violence.
Every individual's support needs are different
Below are just a few of the ways that the DVAHS team have provided support to people:
- Access to information about what services are available;
- Facilitating access to essentials such as food, clothing or personal items or other pressing needs such as medication;
- Help with the establishment of, and relocation to, a new home;
- Support to access temporary accommodation following immediate crisis;
- Assistance to access financial benefits including crisis payments; and
- Immediate access to emotional support
Find out more about who DVAHS works with.
You can contact Domestic Violence After Hours Service (DVAHS) directly, without a referral:
- Call 0435 492 813 Mon-Fri between 8.30am and 10pm (on call outside of these days/hours - 24hr service)
- Via the Contact Us page
DVAHS accepts formal referrals from other organisations after 1pm on weekdays or anytime on weekends.