Support in Inner Sydney
Moving Out Moving On (MOMO)
Moving Out Moving On (MOMO) provides outreach support to women with or without children in the inner city of Sydney, who are escaping from or experiencing Domestic and Family Violence or are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
MOMO provides services through outreach, meeting with women in flexible locations across the community. The MOMO team are located at the following services regularly each week:
- Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre
- Newtown Neighbourhood Centre
- Housing NSW City Office – Strawberry Hills
- Redfern Community Centre.
In line with current COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, our Case Management support will be by phone, email and web technology only until further notice.
MOMO is funded to prioritise work with:
- Women impacted by Domestic and Family Violence
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women impacted by Domestic and Family Violence
- Women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds impacted by Domestic and Family Violence.
MOMO provides personalised case management support for women (and their accompanying children) who are experiencing domestic and family violence or homelessness, or at risk of homelessness.
Every individual's support needs are different
Below are just a few of the ways that the MOMO team have provided support to people:
- Supported women to navigate and understand the different housing options available
- Assisted with the completion of documentation for access to financial support or housing assistance
- Provided information and referrals regarding Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVOs) and Family Law matters as well as court support. MOMO is unable to provide legal advice, however, does refer individuals to organisations that can.
- Supported access to services that women have stated they needed including counselling, financial counselling or advocacy, health services, parenting support, employment and education
- Purchase of necessary items to support children educational needs including school uniforms
- Advocacy and assistance to connect to other supports or community if relocating outside of the inner city.
You can contact Moving Out Moving On (MOMO) directly, without a referral:
- Call Tel 02 9251 2405 (select option 1) (Mon-Fri between 8am and 4:30pm)
- Via the Contact Us page
MOMO accepts formal referrals from other organisations (Mon-Fri between 8am and 4:30pm).
Redfern Community Centre
29-53 Hugo St, Redfern NSW 2016, Australia
Newtown Neighbourhood Centre
Bedford St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
Tuesdays 11am-1pm (Fortnightly)
219 Cleveland St, Redfern NSW 2016, Australia