Exciting New Pilot Program
Accompanied Children’s Support Services Program (ACSS)
- Western Sydney
- Community Services & Development
- Newly created positions x 5
- 3.5 years’ maximum term contract to 30 June 2026
- Part-time 32 hours, with flexibility required
We have been awarded an exciting new ACSS pilot program in our Western Sydney region which means that DVSM is continuing to grow its business in 2023! In addition, the new ACSS pilot program will run for 3.5 years until 30 June 2026!
As a result, we have created five new positions, due to commence in February 2023.
- Service Lead x 1 – this role is positioned at SCHADS Award Level 6
- Case Managers x 2 – these roles are positioned at SCHADS Award Level 4
- Child & Adolescent Specialists x2 – these roles are positioned at SCHADS Award Level 4
Would you like to be involved in this pilot program? If yes, we are looking for creative and flexible candidates whose passion is being an advocate for children, young people and families. You will be based in different locations across our Blacktown LGA, depending on the needs of the clients.
About the program
The ACSS is a pilot program which aims to improve client outcomes for accompanied children and young people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and and who are experiencing, or who have experienced, domestic and family violence.
The ACSS will be implemented in a way that is person-centred and trauma informed and will be provided in our refuges or in an outreach setting, depending on the needs of the children and young person.
A person-centred approach focuses on the child or young person’s life experience, age, gender, culture, heritage, language, beliefs and identity. Support should focus on achieving the person’s aspirations and be tailored to their needs and unique circumstances.
A trauma informed approach will ensure the victim survivors are not further traumatised or blamed for their behavior and reactions to trauma.
The eligibility criteria of the ACSS pilot program is for children and young people who are:
- Accompanied by an adult (i.e. parent, older sibling, family member, kin etc.) who is receiving support from the specialist homelessness service piloting this service and consents to the child or young person receiving the service AND
- Experiencing, or are at risk of, homelessness AND
- Experiencing, or who have experienced, domestic and family violence.
If a young person is unable to be accommodated in a refuge or crisis accommodation with their family members due to their age and/or gender, support will still be provided to them in an outreach capacity.
DVSM pay above Award rates and as a registered charity we can offer the Salary Packaging benefits.
Key accountabilities and selection criteria are listed in each position description. The position descriptions for each new role are on our website. Alternatively, please send an email to [email protected] to request the position description.
It is essential that you have the following:
- Current Driver’s Licence is a requirement
- A successful Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Federal Police check is required to be employed with DVSM
- To be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption
To be female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a registered charity which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia).
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people.
For more information about who we are and what we do, please look at our website.
How to Apply
Interested? Please send your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria for the position that appeals to you to [email protected]. All applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested.
Applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria will not be considered for shortlisting.
Due to capacity, we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
Closing date: 5 February 2023.
Face to face interviews will be held the week commencing 13 February 2023 in Blacktown.