Administration Assistant – Wilcannia Safe House (WSH)
Wilcannia, Far West NSW
- Salary packaging available
- SCHADS Level 3 Award pay rate
- Full-time maximum term contract until 30 June 2024
- Extra recreation leave after 12 months
- Support towards relocation costs available
About the Role
This is an opportunity to join a highly skilled and passionate team who are focused on the safety of women and children escaping Domestic and Family Violence. As an Administrative Assistant for our Wilcannia Safe House (WSH) service, you will be responsible for supporting the team across site and service aspects. The primary function of this role is to support the Wilcannia (WSH) Service Delivery Team including accurate and timely completion of WSH accounts payable activities, supporting financial reporting requirements, office and system monitoring, reception and administration work.
The position is required to support and provide an effective first response to all people contacting the WSH service in line with DVSM’s values. This includes ensuring all people contacting the service are met with a positive social response and follow up of a high standard.
The WSH service provides refuge accommodation for women and children escaping Domestic and Family Violence, in addition to outreach support. As part of the Domestic Violence Service Management (DVSM) Team, you will be responsible for delivering person centred, strengths-based case management services within a Human Rights Framework.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail, efficiency and ownership
- Strong computer literacy skills (including Adobe and Microsoft – Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word, SharePoint, MS Teams)
- Excellent verbal communications skills including competence to manage sensitive matters and materials
- Excellent written communications skills and willingness to minute, proof, edit and author documents
- A confident, proactive ‘can-do’ attitude with willingness to multitask and self-manage competing priorities with proactive communication and flexibility to support the team
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directing, plan and prioritise workload and show initiative
- Commitment to organisational and community confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and take initiative in relationship building
- An interest in and understanding of responses to experiences of domestic and family violence
- Qualification in Business Administration or similar; or willing to obtain
To be female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
People who identify as First Nations people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia).
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your resume and cover letter addressing all the essential & desirable selection criteria as listed to [email protected]
We are reviewing applications as they are received.