- Salary packaging available
- Above SCHADS Level 4 Award pay rate
- Regular day off (for full time workers)
- Extra recreation leave after 12 months
- Rotating roster which includes morning and afternoon shifts with an on call component
About the Role
This is an opportunity to join a highly skilled and passionate team focused on the safety of women and children escaping Domestic and Family Violence. The role of the Case Manager is to provide an effective first response to all people contacting the service. This includes implementing the “No Wrong Door” policy and support to navigate the sector as directed by the person.
The Domestic Violence After Hours (DVAHS) service operates a 24/7 service for people needing immediate assistance as a result of domestic violence. This includes short term case management outside business hours and working across a rotating roster with on call over the weekends and after hours. As part of the Domestic Violence Service Management (DVSM) Team, you will be responsible for delivering person centred, strengths-based case management services within a Human Rights Framework.
Essential Criteria includes
- At least two years’ case management experience or minimum Diploma in Community Services Sector or similar
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to use strengths-based case management approach
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directing, plan and prioritise workload and show initiative
- First aid certificate
To be female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
Current Driver’s Licence is a requirement.
A successful Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Federal Police check is required to be employed with DVSM.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia).
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your resume and cover letter addressing all the essential & desirable selection criteria in the Position Description to [email protected]
We are reviewing applications as they are received.