Full-time or Part-time
City – Western Sydney – Remote
- Great team
- Salary packaging available
- Above SCHADS Level 4 Award pay rate
- Regular day off (for full time workers)
- Extra recreation leave after 12 months
Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia).
Our vision is a world where women, families and communities live free from violence, have equal rights, opportunities, and the freedom to reach their potential. Our purpose: Building individual and community safety and wellbeing.
Our Values: A key part of working in this role is to demonstrate our values in day-to-day work. These values are: Person Centred - We listen and embrace diversity to support our clients to achieve their self-defined goals. Excellence - We exceed expectations with our professionalism and evidence-based products, programs and services. Respect - We remain open minded and nonjudgmental. Integrity - We are ethical, transparent and accountable.
About the Position
As part of the Domestic Violence Service Management (DVSM) Team, you will be responsible for delivering person centred, strengths-based case management services within a Human Rights Framework.
This includes working Face to Face and providing Domestic and Family Violence support and information to women, support to access housing and referrals to Specialist Homelessness Service for ongoing support as needed.
Some of the services operate after hours and the case management team works across a rotating roster with on call over the weekends and after hours. Other services work a standard Monday to Friday. The Case Manager works collaboratively within a team environment.
- Work in alignment with DVSM values and principles
- Provide comprehensive case management in alignment with DVSM’s Practice Framework to an allocated case load of clients
- Manage intake of clients
- Contribute to client services program objectives
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key DVSM partners
- Participate in an on-call roster
- Fulfil duties in the relevant Duties Matrix
- Perform at the relevant level in the CS Capability Framework
- Adhere to DVSM Policies and Procedures
- Undertake other duties within the scope of this role, as reasonably directed.
- At least two years’ case management experience or minimum Diploma in Community Services Sector or similar
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use strengths-based case management approach.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directing, plan and prioritise workload and show initiative.
- First aid certificate
To be female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
Current Driver’s Licence is a requirement.
A successful Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Federal Police check is required to be employed with DVSM.
Proven ability to work without direct supervision in outreach services.
Demonstrated understanding of the impacts of domestic and family violence.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to [email protected]. All applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested. Applications without a cover letter addressing the essential criteria will not be considered for shortlisting. Due to capacity we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.