Wilcannia NSW 2836
- Salary packaging available
- SCHADS Level 4 Award pay rate
- Regular day off (for full time workers)
- Extra recreation leave after 12 months
- Rotating roster which includes morning and afternoon shifts with an on call component.
About the Role
This is an opportunity to join a highly skilled and passionate team who are focused on the safety of women and children escaping Domestic and Family Violence. The role of the Case Manager is to support clients to maintain secure, safe and long-term accommodation. The role is required to provide a high quality and effective first response to all people contacting the service. This includes implementing the “No Wrong Door” policy and support to navigate the sector as directed by the person.
The WSH service provides refuge accommodation for women and children escaping Domestic and Family Violence, in addition to outreach support. As part of the Domestic Violence Service Management (DVSM) Team, you will be responsible for delivering person centred, strengths-based case management services within a Human Rights Framework.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications at minimum Certificate IV level.
- Minimum two years’ case management experience.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use strengths-based case management approach
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directing, plan and prioritise workload and show initiative
To be female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
Current Driver’s Licence is a requirement.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia).
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your resume and cover letter addressing all the essential & desirable selection criteria in the Position Description to [email protected]
Urgent applications reviewed as received.