• Sydney CBD
• Community Services & Development
• Community Development
• Part-time 32 hours – commencing mid-January
Part-time leadership position working with women and families experiencing the impact of domestic and family violence
We are looking for an experienced and engaged individual to join the leadership team. If you are looking for a leadership position which allows you to demonstrate ownership of the end to end service delivery and apply your passion for outstanding service provision, then we would love to hear from you.
We are a registered charity which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia).
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website
Purpose of Position
To lead and coordinate service delivery activities and day to day operations within the Moving Out Moving On (MOMO) service. The role oversees and supports the MOMO team to meet contractual obligations and to deliver quality person-centred support to individuals who access the service. The Service Lead role models, coaches, mentors, supports and directs service delivery, development of staff and maintains a positive culture within the team. This role is part of the Leadership team and works with Executive to support the achievement of organisational goals.
This position is positioned SCHADS Award Level 6.
- Work in alignment with DVSM values and principles
- Line manage staff as allocated in the organisational structure
- Direct, support and oversee the provision comprehensive case management in alignment with DVSMs Practice Framework
- Direct, support and oversee the planning and implementation service delivery program objectives
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of cross organisational service delivery and shared services program objectives
- Fulfil duties in the relevant Duties Matrix
- Perform at the relevant level in the CS Capability Framework
- Adhere to DVSMs Policies and Procedures
- Undertake other duties within the scope of this role, as reasonably directed.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum five years’ work experience in the community services sector and minimum Diploma in Community Services Sector or similar
- Experience in line managing a small sized team of staff
- Strong person-centred focus and genuine desire to coach and assist staff members to maintain person focus
- Demonstrated ability to effect and maintain a positive workplace culture and environment
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directing, plan and prioritise workload and show initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
To be female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
Current Driver’s Licence is a requirement.
A successful Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Federal Police check is required to be employed with DVSM.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Ability to establish and maintain meaningful partnerships with relevant service providers and stakeholders
- Understanding of the policy framework that supports the domestic and family violence and homelessness sectors
- Proven experience and expertise in working within mental health.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to [email protected]. All applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested. Applications without a cover letter addressing the essential criteria will not be considered for shortlisting. Due to capacity, we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.