Domestic Violence NSW Service Management (DVSM) is a registered charity which aims to prevent and to provide support for people escaping/experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
DVSM provides support services in an urban context (Inner Sydney), in a suburban context (Western Sydney) and in remote rural NSW (Wilcannia).
Our vision is a world where women, families and communities live free from violence, have equal rights, opportunities, and the freedom to reach their potential.
Our purpose: Building individual and community safety and wellbeing.
Our Values: A key part of working in this role is to demonstrate our values in day-to-day work. These values are: Person Centred – We listen and embrace diversity to support our clients to achieve their self-defined goals. Excellence – We exceed expectations with our professionalism and evidence-based products, programs and services. Respect – We remain open minded and non-judgmental. Integrity – We are ethical, transparent and accountable.
Purpose of Position
To lead and coordinate service delivery activities and day to day operations within the ROAR service. The Team Leader oversees and supports the ROAR team to meet contractual obligations and to deliver quality, person centred support to individuals who access the service. The Team Leader role models, coaches, mentors, supports and directs service delivery, development of staff and maintains a positive culture within team. The Team Leader works with the management team to support the achievement of organisational goals.
1. Work in alignment with DVSM values and principles.
2. Line manage staff as allocated in the organisational structure.
3. Direct, support and oversee the provision comprehensive case management in alignment with the DVSM Practice Framework to an allocated case load of clients.
4. Direct, support and oversee the planning and implementation service delivery program objectives.
5. Contribute to the planning and implementation of cross organisational service delivery and shared services program objectives.
6. Fulfil duties in the relevant Duties Matrix.
7. Perform at the relevant level in the CS Capability Framework.
8. Adhere to DVSM Policies and Procedures.
9. Undertake other duties within the scope of this role, as reasonably directed.
1. Minimum five years work experience in the community services sector or minimum Diploma in Community Services Sector or similar.
2. Experiencing in line managing a medium sized team of staff.
3. Strong person-centred focus and genuine desire to coach and assist staff members to maintain client focus.
4. Demonstrated ability to effect and maintain a positive workplace culture and environment.
5. Demonstrated ability to be self-directing, plan and prioritise workload and show initiative.
6. Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
To be female is a genuine requirement for the position under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
Current Driver’s Licence is a requirement.
A successful Working with Children Check (WWCC) and Federal Police check is required to be employed with DVSM.
1. Ability to establish and maintain meaningful partnerships with relevant service providers and stakeholders.
2. Understanding of the policy framework that supports the domestic and family violence and homelessness sectors.
3. Proven experience and expertise in working within mental health.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to [email protected]. All applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested. Applications without a cover letter addressing the essential criteria will not be considered for shortlisting. Due to capacity we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.