ROAR Brochure 2022
DFV and Pets
Support and crisis accommodation in
Refuge Outreach Action Response (ROAR)
Refuge Outreach Action Response (ROAR) operates in Sydney’s Hills district and Blacktown local government areas.
ROAR provides refuge accommodation, and as part of our core response we always assist people to find suitable accommodation.
Additionally, ROAR provides outreach support in the community to people who are escaping or experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and those who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless.
ROAR is funded to prioritise work with:
- Women with children with lived experience of Domestic and Family Violence
- Women with children who are leaving institutions
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
- Fathers with children in their care experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless
- Other family groups
- ROAR provides personalised case management support for women (and their accompanying children) who are experiencing domestic and family violence or homelessness, or at risk of homelessness.
- Every individual's support needs are different
Every individual's support needs are different
Examples of support we provide include:
Support to access therapeutic interventions for women and children
Assistance to navigate the housing options available and support to find longer-term accommodation
Access to brokerage which will support long term employment and accommodation
Support to access legal advice and referrals to other services as identified through the support planning process
Support at the hospital during birth when no other support network available due to Domestic and Family Violence
Support to escape violence and reunite with significant others, this may include moving interstate to reconnect with family and/or land
We understand that pets form part of the family and can accommodate cats, dogs and other small animals on site.
OUR OTHER SERVICES
Moving Out Moving On (MOMO)
(Inner City Sydney)
Wilcannia Safe House (WSH)
(Far West NSW)
Domestic Violence After Hours Service (DVAHS)
Accompanied Children's Support Services (ACSS)