Western Sydney (ROAR)
There are two services in Western Sydney:
- Refuge Outreach Action Response (ROAR); and
- Domestic Violence After Hours Service (DVAHS)
Refuge Outreach Action Response (ROAR)
Refuge Outreach Action Response (ROAR) operates in Sydney’s Hills district and Blacktown local government areas.
ROAR provides refuge accommodation, and as part of our core response we always assist people to find suitable accommodation. During the COVID-19 pandemic ROAR is working to support people into accommodation with no or minimal shared living arrangements.
Additionally, ROAR provides outreach support in the community to people who are escaping or experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and those who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless.
ROAR is funded to prioritise work with:
- Women with children with lived experience of Domestic and Family Violence
- Women with children who are leaving institutions
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families experiencing Domestic and Family Violence and homelessness.
- Fathers with children in their care experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless
- Other family groups
ROAR provides personalised case management support for women (and their accompanying children) who are experiencing domestic and family violence or homelessness, or at risk of homelessness.
Every individual's support needs are different
Examples of support we provide include:
- Support to access therapeutic interventions for women and children
- Assistance to navigate the housing options available and support to find longer-term accommodation
- Access to brokerage which will support long term employment and accommodation
- Support to access legal advice and referrals to other services as identified through the support planning process
- Support at the hospital during birth when no other support network available due to Domestic and Family Violence
- Support to escape violence and reunite with significant others, this may include moving interstate to reconnect with family and/or land.
We understand that pets form part of the family and can accommodate cats, dogs and other small animals on site.
You can contact Refuge Outreach Action Response (ROAR) directly, without a referral:
- Call Tel 9621 0800
- Via the Contact Us page
ROAR accepts formal referrals from other organisations (Mon-Fri between 8:30am and 5pm).